(You can omit sausage for a Minestrone style soup)
1/2 to 1lb Sausage– links or bulk (I prefer Italian Sweet)
1 diced onion
3-5 cloves garlic (depending on your taste)
1 Zucchini (thinly sliced)
6-10 mini carrots or reg carrots
1-2 Stalks Celery
2 cans chicken broth
1 16oz can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
1 12oz can tomato sauce
1 can white beans or kidney beans (your choice)
1 Tlbs. Pesto
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Cups Cooked Pasta — optional
1. Brown Sausage, then add onion, garlic (cook for 2-3 mins on Med-High until Onions are tender (stir to make sure it doesn’t burn), add pesto when it’s almost brown and stir w/ sausage
2. Thinly slice veggies while above items are cooking
3.ADD Chicken Broth, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, veggies & bring to a boil, then reduce to LOW and simmer about an Hour loosely covered with lid. Then add beans and continue to simmer for 1/2 hr.
4. Before serving add pasta to each serving bowl if you choose (cook Pasta separately from soup while soup is simmering).
*** This Recipe also Freezes Well! (but Don’t Freeze w/ Pasta)
3 lbs chicken wings
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce (I like Kikkoman Brand)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Ginger powder
* Place wings in a large resealable plastic Ziplock bag or a large bowl
* Stir together sherry, juice concentrate, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce
brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger, until thoroughly combined.
* Pour mixture over wings in bag and seal.
* Work marinade over all parts of chicken wings and allow wings to
marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours or overnight or even up to 2 days (so it really absorbs the marinade)
* Place wings on a foil-covered baking pan and pour 1 cup of the
marinade over the wings; discard the rest of the marinade. ** Bake wings at 350F for 1 hour
* BBQ by Placing wings in a foil covered pouch and BBQ with a LITTLE
Sauce … OR Place them Directly on the Grill WITHOUT Pouring the
Marinade on them and BASTE them periodically during cooking.
NOTE: ** This Recipe also works great with other chicken pieces, legs, thighs, breasts, etc