This is a Great Recipe for A HOT Summer’s Day when you don’t want to cook in the house. You can also Prep these ahead of time & Grill while Camping! NOTE: (We Get Bratworst from Nickabob’s Outpost, Sutherlin, Oregon)
* 4 Bratworst
* 1 Large Yellow Onion, sliced (in half moon shapes)
* 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
* 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 4 Medium Red or Russet Potatoes (Diced into Cubes)
* 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
* Dash of Dried Parsley, Dried Rosemary
* 8 Sheets of Foil, about 6 inches long
1. In a Medium bowl, combine the sliced onion, potatoes, garlic and spices.
2. Drizzle the Olive oil onto the mixture and mix well until all items in the bowl are
coated with the oil.
3. Put 1 Bratworst Sausage on a piece of foil, then add 1-2 hand fulls of the
potato/onion mixture. (Spray the Foil with Non-Stick cooking spray Before
putting meat on it)
4. Wrap the packet in the foil, and Double Wrap it to secure the ingredients inside
5. Repeat Steps 3 & 4 until all 4 packets are made
6. Grill for about 45 mins (over indirect heat)
** NOTE:: Packets will Be VERY HOT! Let them Sit a few minutes before opening them to serve. smile emoticon You Can Make More packets if you have more people to feed.
(You can omit sausage for a Minestrone style soup)
1/2 to 1lb Sausage– links or bulk (I prefer Italian Sweet)
1 diced onion
3-5 cloves garlic (depending on your taste)
1 Zucchini (thinly sliced)
6-10 mini carrots or reg carrots
1-2 Stalks Celery
2 cans chicken broth
1 16oz can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
1 12oz can tomato sauce
1 can white beans or kidney beans (your choice)
1 Tlbs. Pesto
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Cups Cooked Pasta — optional
1. Brown Sausage, then add onion, garlic (cook for 2-3 mins on Med-High until Onions are tender (stir to make sure it doesn’t burn), add pesto when it’s almost brown and stir w/ sausage
2. Thinly slice veggies while above items are cooking
3.ADD Chicken Broth, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, veggies & bring to a boil, then reduce to LOW and simmer about an Hour loosely covered with lid. Then add beans and continue to simmer for 1/2 hr.
4. Before serving add pasta to each serving bowl if you choose (cook Pasta separately from soup while soup is simmering).
*** This Recipe also Freezes Well! (but Don’t Freeze w/ Pasta)
3 lbs chicken wings
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce (I like Kikkoman Brand)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Ginger powder
* Place wings in a large resealable plastic Ziplock bag or a large bowl
* Stir together sherry, juice concentrate, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce
brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger, until thoroughly combined.
* Pour mixture over wings in bag and seal.
* Work marinade over all parts of chicken wings and allow wings to
marinate, refrigerated, for 6 hours or overnight or even up to 2 days (so it really absorbs the marinade)
* Place wings on a foil-covered baking pan and pour 1 cup of the
marinade over the wings; discard the rest of the marinade. ** Bake wings at 350F for 1 hour
* BBQ by Placing wings in a foil covered pouch and BBQ with a LITTLE
Sauce … OR Place them Directly on the Grill WITHOUT Pouring the
Marinade on them and BASTE them periodically during cooking.
NOTE: ** This Recipe also works great with other chicken pieces, legs, thighs, breasts, etc
✿ 1/2 Cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (can use low-fat too)
✿ 1-2 Tlbs sugar
✿ 2 Tlbs Apple Cider Vinegar
✿ Dash each of Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
✿ 3 Tlbs chopped red onion
✿ 1 Cup Flowerets & 1 bag Broccoli Slaw Mix (from the salad area in the
✿ 1/3 Cup Raisins & 1/4 cup Craisins
✿ 4 Slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (1/4 cup) or Bacon Bits
✿ 1/4 Cup Sunflower or Pumpkin seeds or Both (Optional)
✿ 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz) (Optional)
✿ 1 small Cubed Apple (optional)
1.) In Small Bowl or Measuring Cup, mix mayonnaise, sugar,vinegar &
spices to make the Dressing.
2). In Large Bowl, Add Remaining Ingredients.
3). Pour Dressing Mix over Slaw mix & toss until evenly coated. Store
covered in refrigerator.
** NOTE: (best if it sits 30 mins. before serving then stir to
re-mix ingredients). ENJOY!!
✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿ SHARE & FOLLOW Me for More Great Stuff ✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿